Recently, I surveyed some of my readers and asked about your greatest struggles with your ministry or business. Time management/productivity was #1 and promoting/increasing blog traffic was a close second. This did not surprise me.
For most people who use a blog as part of their business or ministry, there is an interesting connection between time management and doing the promotional activities that will increase traffic. (And some people have an issue with doing anything “promotional”, but that is a topic I’ve covered before!)
The tactics for promoting a blog are endless. SEO, linkups, countless social media platforms. There are multiple courses on every newsfeed promising to teach you the ONE THING that will sky-rocket your blog traffic. And as sure as the sky is blue, that ONE THING is different for every course. Am I telling a story you’ve already heard?? [I see you nodding your head!]
So you can spend a lot, and I mean A LOT, of time doing all these things that may or may not generate any traffic for you. Time that could have been spent more productively, but you just feel compelled to do ALL.THE.THINGS the experts and purveyors of Facebook ads say you need to do. I am not knocking said purveyors. Many of them have really great advice, ideas and courses. The trick is knowing which ones to implement.
Note: This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small compensation if you purchase using these links. All opinions are my own.
Enter this awesome little ebook. How I Went From 17K to 350K Monthly Page Views in 9 Months by Lena Gott. I say “little”, but this book was 81 pages packed with 17 strategies Lena used to increase her monthly page views. I purchased the e-book in December and read it over my Christmas break. I started implementing some of the strategies and guess what???
My page views in January were more than DOUBLE my page views in December!
And they have stayed strong in February.
What do I love about Lena’s e-book and why is it different than the other 10 million resources out there about increasing traffic? And more importantly, why is it worth every penny? Well, I’ll tell you.
6 Reasons I Love the Blog Traffic E-Book
- It gathers up 17 of the most proven and talked about strategies in one place so you don’t have to hunt all over the interwebz and piece it together yourself.
- Lena backs up the impact of each one with data from her analytics so you know they have worked for her.
- She has included several comments about what DIDN’T work and where she had difficulties along the way, so we can learn from her struggles as well as from her successes.
- Each section includes actionable steps, instructions and links to other great resources to help you implement them.
- She gave me permission to STOP DOING STUFF!! Whoop whoop!! Big win! Section 3 is all about not doing things that don’t give you a good return on your time investment.
And most importantly …..
- She shared WHY each strategy worked for her. This is the crucial piece that keeps the e-book from being just another pile of things to add to your bulging to-do list. Understanding the “why” helped me sort through the ideas and pick the ones that felt most applicable to me.
Looking at the overall impact of this e-book, here is my biggest takeaway:
There is no ONE THING to hog all the traffic to your blog.
It would be awesome if there was one, magic-bullet perfect formula that worked every time. But in reality, there is not. Strong, consistent page view growth is the cumulative result of many strong, consistent strategies.
And only you, as the leader of your business or ministry, can figure out the right combination for you. We need to trust our instincts, the data, and the leading of the Holy Spirit to make sound decisions that maximize our productive time and increase our sphere of influence.
For the Lord will again take delight in prospering you, as he took delight in your fathers, when you obey the voice of the Lord your God. Deut 3:9-10 (ESV)
We also need to be authentic in our efforts to “promote” the message God has given us. Some things we do (like link-ups and commenting on other blogs) may not pour out gallons of page view juice, but they are important in building relationships in the blogging community. Encouraging others is never time wasted.
I really appreciate Lena’s openness with sharing her success and allowing us to learn from her. I hope you’ll give her e-book a try and let me know how it goes.
Oh, and which strategies did I use to see a dramatic jump in January? #3, 5, 8, 15 and 16. But you’ll have to get the e-book to find out what those are!
How is your blog traffic doing? Will you share one thing that has made a big impact on your reach?