Busy days, constantly rushing from one task to another errand. There is not enough time in the day for all the things we need to do, whether for work, for ministry or for family.
But every once in a while (and if we are honest, more often than we care to admit), a random burst of time pops up unexpectedly in our day. 10 minutes until time to leave the house for an appointment, 10 minutes to wait in a carpool line, 10 minutes before the next meeting.
What do we do with those short minutes? I don’t know about you, but I am becoming more and more aware that I waste them. I grab my phone and check Facebook, or play a level of Candy Crush (am I the only one on the planet still playing Candy Crush?) or walk to the vending machine for a diet Coke. I let those precious 10-minute moments slip through my fingers because I think 10 minutes isn’t long enough to accomplish any “real” work.
What if I could snatch back the short bits of time so easily wasted and use them in purposeful ways for myself, my ministry and my family? What could I do with only 10 minutes if I was being intentional?
I took an informal poll of some friends and blog writers and we came up with some ideas.
- Organize my desk so it is set and ready to go next time I sit down.
- Use a great app to accomplish something on my phone instead of playing a game (like Word Swag to create a graphic or Amazon to order my next Bible study book)
- Write down that list of blog titles that has been rattling around in my head.
- Draft an invitation for guest posting.
- Look at my schedule for the week and be sure I am prepared for everything.
- Delete apps off my phone I am no longer using.
- Fold a load of laundry, wipe off a counter, sweep or vacuum a floor, dust a room
- Call to set up an appointment I have been avoiding.
- Do a quick Facebook Live to engage with my readers.
- Pray and ask God what He wants me to do next. Be open to a divine appointment. You never know who will cross your path and needs a word of encouragement from the Lord.
Those are 10 great ideas to get you started. Now I want to hear your ideas! Comment below or use the hashtag #10MinuteMoments on social media this week to share how you are making your 10-Minute Moments matter.
Because every moment matters.
- How to Get Started Blogging in 10 Minutes a Day
- Ministry Coaching can help you stay accountable and make the best use of your time. Visit my Home page, explore how we can Define, Plan and take Action, then connect with me on the Special Offers page!
- Subscribe to my newsletter to get resources, tips and tools in your inbox every week!
This week, I am linking up with Micah Maddox at #MommyMomentsLinkup, Jann Cobb at #ReflectLinkup , #RaRaLinkup hosted by Angela Partin, Holly Barrett’s #TestimonyTuesday, Holley Gerth at #CoffeeForYourHeart and Mary at #WorksForMeWednesday, with Kelly Balarie at #RaRaLinkup, Holley Gerth at #CoffeeForYourHeart, with Crystal Storms at #HeartEncouragement, with Arabah Joy at Grace & Truth