Welcome to Episode 4 of Just One Simple Thing! In this episode, we’ll continue our discussion about decision-making with five verses you can pray and five questions you can ask as a filter to help you make decisions. You’ll also learn what to do when a decision gets stuck in the middle of your filter. You ready? Let’s get to it!
- Here are five practical things we can pray through when deciding what to do next in our ministries or businesses.
- Ask these questions:
1.Is it consistent with your purpose?
2. Does it fit in with other pieces of your ministry or business?
3. Does it reflect a God-honoring Presence?
4. How does it affect your people?
5.Are you in the right position?
- Clarity comes from action. By taking the first few simple steps towards that decision, you’ll bring closure to the decision faster than if you just sit and ponder.
- There is a place where micro steps towards what seems like a good idea can give us clarity and confidence to either move ahead or step back.
Download the Decision Making Filter, print it out, fill it in, and keep it handy for your next big decision. Then snap a picture and share it on social media using the hashtag #justonesimplething.
If you are having a hard time making a decision that sticks, it might help to talk it out with someone. You can use this link for a free Define call and we can filter through it together.
Let’s stay connected!
Get every episode of the podcast right in your inbox every Monday morning, along with encouragement, tips, and resources in the weekly NewLetter.
Other ways to stay connected: